A quick snack that's amazingly good for you and for our planet too.
- 2 cups gluten rolled oats (or regular)
- 3/4 cup almond butter (or any nut butter of your choice)
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup raw cricket protein powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (other optional add-ins are flaxseed, hempseed, cacao powder, dried fruits, nuts)
Slightly heat the almond butter and honey in the microwave or on a pan until softened. Mix together. Mix the rolled oats and protein powder together until well incorporated. Add in the softened almond butter and mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips. Place the entire mixture in a cake pan covered with parchment paper. Freeze for about 20-30 minutes. Cut into small bars, store in the fridge, and take on-the-go!